Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'm excited again. Phew!

Ok, well, I was nervous that after buying that big roll of organic bamboo velour I was going to get totally sidetracked by crochet -- not even doing it myself, just looking at everyone else's -- and this obv would just be taking up space in my not so big house. But I'm excited again.

Today I finished up two identical blankets. One was intended as a gift and the other was going to go into the inventory bin (not sure how I'm going to be selling them yet, but I'm collecting an inventory just the same). But I am so pleased with them that they are both going to friends. (It does make me wonder what's gonna end up in that bin, though.)

Then I took some more indoor pictures. I really wanted to take the kids to the playground and take some quick shots while we were there in the natural light and on some pretty grass, but M wanted a "rest day" today. Usually "rest days" are exciting for me because he wants to be busy all the time and sometimes I am wracking my brain to figure out how to make every day funner than the last. The ones that really kill me are like yesterday, when I picked him up early from pre-school so that we could go to the 12:30 session at the water park with some friends, where they have this awsome playstructure sitting in a two foot pool of water. They closed at 3:30, we get in the car to head home and he says "so what are we doing now?" And he's CRUSHED that we're just going home. How do you teach your child that everyday is not a day at the beach? Anyway, on rest days I usually get to spend a little time in my sewing room.

Ok, got sidetracked there... So, we stayed home and I took some pics of the blankets, well one blanket because they are identical. I still think I've got to take pics outside, but I actually like some of these. Here are my favorites:

August First Day 210

August First Day 211

So, I've decided to use lionbrand fisherman's yarn for my granny square playgroup snack bag and dye the squares with kool aid. I know it would look better in the end if I dyed the yarn first and then crocheted it up, but I'm feeling too lazy and like I'd like to get started without waiting for it to dry, so I'm just going to dye the squares after crocheting them. Hopefully I'll have something to show off soon!
blog comments powered by Disqus