Saturday, July 18, 2009

So, I couldn't find the fisherman's yarn...

I'd get so much more done if I didn't spend half an hour at the beginning of each project looking for the yarn or fabric or pattern I want. Ugh. I am really hoping that when I move into my new room I will get so organized that I won't lose all that time anymore. I'm definately going to be reading up on those lovely sewing room organizing blogs.

I know I said that I was going to clean up my sewing room the other day, and I really had the best of intentions, but then our contractors showed up and went to work which makes it hard to do almost anything in the house. The room is moving right along though. Woot!

So, when I realized I was only going to make myself miserable if I looked for that yarn anymore, I made the trip to Michael's to get another skein but decided at the last minute that I couldn't invest in one knowing that I had two more at home *somewhere*. So, I did something I thought I'd never do -- I bought four skeins of acrylic yarn!!! Yuck! But I thought acrylic might be nicer for a playgroup snack bag since it's likely to get food and such dribbled on it and I'd like to throw it in the washer without any fears. It doesn't actually feel so terrible. I wouldn't want to wear it or anything, but it feels okay. And the colors are very pretty -- deep purple, deep raspberry, deep navy, and deep green. Very deep, really! I've already made several squares.

And I have to share this gorgeous pic of M. Sigh... It makes me wish I had gone, but I know it would have been so hard to have Baby A there. And I really did have such a good time dying all that velour...

cropped for blog
blog comments powered by Disqus