Monday, October 12, 2009

Bought a couple of things for the boys!

We're all going to D.C. for Thanksgiving so they really need some cold weather stuff. No *really*, these purchases were totally justified! Plus, I've been drooling over this hat pattern for so long that I owed its author something. So, yesterday morning, I figured I'd take the plunge and buy it. And it was an instant download, so I could get started right away. Yay for instant gratification!  (And then, just my luck, about ten minutes later I broke a dish and cut BOTH hands badly enough that there was no way I was going to be able to start for a couple of days.  Wah!)

If you look here, you can see about 4,000 versions of the hat.  And here's the pattern.  My little guy's is going to be made with a really gorgeous raspberry and olive variegated wool and a matching solid olive that I bought for longies while I was pregnant, in stripes I think.  My older picked this awsome autumn leaves colorway from Evermore Studios, and I can't wait to play with it!



He's got very mature taste for a six year old.  Don't you think?

I also bought the older one a monster of his very own from Allyshells Craft Shack.  I bought one for myself when it started looking like the completion of my new sewing room was imminent.  Although I have all sorts of plans, he was my first, and so far only, stab at decorating my new room (which I am actually sewing in now!).His name is Zimbakren Mclayray and, if you can believe it, he is even more stunning in person:

I seriously adore this monster!  Sooooo, when my older told me that he wanted to bring him to school to share with the class for his "me week" I got a little melty (I also feel this way when he likes a song that I do) and told him I thought he needed a monster for his new room, too.  So this is who he picked out:

Alyshell had a portrait of him for sale and did the sculpture for us custom, which I am pretty sure made my older feel like it was even cooler.